Type a term in the box to instantly list helpful topics. Category filters help to narrow down search results.
How to configure custom fields
Under this tab, you can create your form fields for a personalized Fieldcode Work Place experience.
Inside the Fieldcode Admin Panel go to Process -> Custom fields
Expand the menu by clicking the expand arrow in the Navigation OR click directly on the Process symbol to reveal all options of Process configuration.
The custom fields functionality allows you to create your fields within the application. Custom fields find their useful purpose inside custom forms.
Custom fields are an element inside a custom form and are displayed throughout the system for informational purposes.
Therefore it’s smart to first create the required custom fields and then create custom forms afterwards.
Custom fields are always stored inside the same type. You decide the object type already while creating the custom field. The corresponding type can be found inside the Forms creator. If you create a field with the type device, the created custom field device will be displayed under the device.
The unique name of a custom field = database name
The label of a custom field = name the user decided for, not relevant for the database
Yes, they can and will!
Feel free to contact them anytime via the email if you have special requirements/questions regarding custom fields/custom forms.
How to create & edit custom fields
- Click on the plus button right next to the search bar to add a new custom field.
- Decide if your field should be visible after creation with the Active toggle.
- Insert a Custom field name for the custom field – the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Special characters are not allowed
- Field names cannot contain the null character (also not the spaces)
- You are not allowed to divide the name with dots
- Max. length: 120 characters
- Select the object, where your custom field should appear, you have the choice between the objects described further below.
- You can now select between the custom field types described below.
- (Optional) While you set up your custom fields you have various Input field settings, depending on the field type you selected.
- (Optional) You can also add translations to other languages for your custom fields and info messages by hitting the corresponding Add label translation button.
Deleting translations is always possible with the trash bin button.
- Click Save.
|Ticket||Your custom field will be visible for others in Work place - Ticket Details - Overview - Ticket|
|Report||Your custom field will be visible for others in Work place - Ticket Details - Intervention - Report|
|Device||Your custom field will be visible for others in Work place - Ticket Details - Device|
|Part||Your custom field will be visible for others in Work place - Ticket Details - Parts|
|User||Your custom field will be visible for others in Admin panel - Access - Users|
|Checklist||Your custom field will be visible for others in Work place - Ticket Details - Interventions - Checklist logs|
|Input||A input field lets users input characters or numbers. The maximal character count for an input fields is 50.|
|Simple Paragraph Text||A simple paragraph text field lets users input characters or numbers.|
|Drop down||A dropdown field lets users select a field from the dropdown. You can give users a choice between different selections.|
|Checkbox||A checkbox field lets users select a checkbox from different checkboxes. You can give users a choice between different selections.|
|Date & Time||A date & time field lets users fill in a date & time manually. The date is in DD/MM/YYYY format.|
|Date||A date field lets users fill in a date manually. The date is in DD/MM/YYYY format.|
|Time||A time field lets users fill in a time manually.|
|Label translation||Select a language, insert the translation, add other language, if wished.|
|Add info message translation||Select a language, insert the translation, add other language, if wished.|
How to deactivate custom fields
You are able to deactivate custom fields by toggling the Active toggle of the field to Off state.
- Select the field you want to deactivate from the custom field list.
- In the Custom field tab toggle the Active toggle to Off state.