Category filters can help you narrow down search results
How to customize the Customer Portal
The Customer Portal Settings page allows you to customize the design, behavior, and appearance of the Customer Portal. The Customer Portal shows up for your customers at the end of the day, so adding a little bit of personal company touch and personality to it might be just the thing you want to configure in the Customer Portal Settings page. You can also steer if customers (aka. end users) should be able to leave feedback on the ticket, that dispatchers need to react to. Also inside the Customer Portal Settings, you can configure custom SLA profiles, which will determine the for the customer available booking windows.
The following settings can be currently configured inside the Customer Portal Settings page:
- You can configure if your end users should be able to leave feedback on tracked tickets
- You can configure a custom company logo that should be visible for your end users when using the tracking link
- You can configure that the custom company logo directs your end users to a custom website (usually you may aim for the company website)
- You can customize the salutation that is displayed inside the booking window and change appointment window
- You can customize the text that is displayed inside the booking windows and change appointment window
- You can customize the disclaimer text that is displayed inside the booking window and change appointment window
- You can customize available customer booking appointment windows by using SLA profiles
- You can customize available customer booking appointment time windows by using custom intervals
The custom logo must meet the following requirements:
– The picture must be in .jpg or .png format
– The maximum file size is 20 kilobytes
– The maximum pixel file should not exceed 25 pixels
How to configure basic settings
In the Basic tab, you can configure the basic behavior of the Customer Portal.
Let’s have a look at the effects of the different toggles:
- Allow end users to add comments toggle – This toggle basically decides if tracking link users should have the option to leave a message on the ticket. The message will appear inside Fieldcode Work Place and dispatchers will be aware of it and take care of the message appropriately.
- Use a custom logo toggle – Click on the Add file button to add a new custom logo. This toggle basically decides if the default Fieldcode Logo that is shown to the tracking link used on the Customer Portal should be replaced by a custom logo. The custom logo must meet the further above stated requirements.
- Use a custom link toggle – This toggle is only available if “Use a custom logo” is enabled. If enabled you can link a website behind your company logo, which the tracking link end user can click to be forwarded to eg. the company website. If you do not enable the “Use a custom link” toggle, but have the “Use a custom logo” enabled, clicking on the logo will have no effects.
How to configure content settings
in the Content tab, you can customize the text inside the “Book appointment” and “Change appointment” windows. The custom text will be visible to your customers.
You can always reset to the default text by clicking the RESET TO DEFAULT button.
- By default, a ready-made text is already included in the boxes.
- (Optional) Change the Salutation message, you can use aliases by typing @ inside the box.
- (Optional) Change the Book appointment title message, you can use aliases by typing @ inside the box.
- (Optional) Change the main message, you can use aliases by typing @ inside the box.
- (Optional) Change the Disclaimer message, you can use aliases by typing @ inside the box.
- (Optional) You can always reset to the default text by clicking the RESET TO DEFAULT button in case you cannot get the text right to your taste.
- Click Save.
How to configure appointment booking settings
In the Appointment booking tab, you can configure if SLA profiles should be taken into consideration when proposing booking windows to customers.
SLA profiles are generally configured separately inside Process -> SLA Profiles.
You also have the option only to make custom time intervals bookable.
- Enable SLA Profiles for the Customer Portal toggle – This toggle decides if bookable appointment days are related to an existing SLA Profile.
- Custom time interval toggle – This toggle decides which time interval is available for booking.
- Customer appointment booking results in picker – This picker lets you decide what should happen with customer booked appointments inside Work Place.
Appointment with a fixed service window only (ticket remains in the Ticket Pool):
Tickets that were booked by the end user via the Customer Portal will remain in the Ticket Pool with a fixed service window.
Appointment dispatched to the Timeline with a fixed service window:
Tickets that were booked by the end user via the Customer Portal will directly moved to the Timeline with a fixed service window.