Tip: Start typing in the input box for immediate search results.
How to configure skills
Adding engineer skills help you to solve tickets more efficiently and helps to assign engineers to the matching tickets. Each engineer has preferences and different technical skills and matching them together ensures efficient dispatching and planning. Setting skills is also purposeful for the Optimizer.
Inside the Fieldcode Admin Panel go to Dispatch → Skills
Expand the menu by clicking the expand arrow in the Navigation OR click directly on the Dispatch symbol to reveal all options of Dispatch configuration.
How to create & edit skills
- Click on the plus button to open the New skill form (or click on an item on the list to edit it).
- Fill in the Skill and Assign to tickets tabs.
1. Skill tab
- Decide if your new or existing skill should be set to active in the system.
- Insert a name for your new or existing skill.
- Select a category for your skill from the drop-down. If you don’t have created a category for your skill yet, you can do so by clicking the plus button.
- (Optional) Insert a description for your new or existing skill.
- Select a level of importance in the drop-down. You can also decide that the skill is mandatory.
How to create skill categories
- Insert a name for your new category
- Insert a description for your new category.
2. (Optional) Assign to tickets tab
Skills will apply automatically to tickets based on the below conditions that you select. Please choose a condition or a combination of conditions to establish which tickets will receive the skill.
Filters: Allows fine-tuning criteria for the tickets using comparison and logical operators.
Condition: Defines a condition for your filter criteria.
Operator: Compares the condition with the comparison (IS EQUAL TO, IS NOT EQUAL TO, IS LIKE, IS NOT LIKE, IN).
Comparison Value: Defines with which value the condition is compared.
Connector: Allows you to combine a monitored field with another monitored field (AND, OR)
How to add an expiration date to a skill
You can add expiration dates to certain skills if you want specific skills to turn inactive after a certain amount of time.
This functionality is for example beneficial for skills with an expiring certificate (eg. First-Aid trainings, COVID Vaccinations etc. pp).
Expiration dates for skills are not added inside the Skills menu, they are added inside the Users -> Skills tab.