Tip: Start typing in the input box for immediate search results.
How to import tickets
If you want to import tickets from another system you can use the Ticket import. The tool gives you the option to import Excel sheets with Ticket data into the Fieldcode work place with the right standards.
Go to sidebar -> Ticket import
The import is clustered into five steps:
1. Upload -> 2. Configuration -> 3. Test -> 4. Import -> 5. Done
Excel template for ticket import
You don’t want to prepare your .xls file for yourself? ->
No problem, just use our template and fill it in with the necessary ticket data!
- Select the Project Name you want to assign your Excel File to via the dropdown.
- Select the Configuration you want to use with your Excel File to via the dropdown.
- Click Add File and select the Excel File you want to import with File explorer OR drag it directly from your desktop to the Drag & Drop window.
Please wait until the file is added.
- Click NEXT to proceed to the next step.
The LSDT date must be formatted in this scheme: YYYY/MM/DD
The preferred appointment time must be formatted in this scheme: YYYY/MM/DD
YYYY/DD/MM may cause failed validation.
Only .xlsx and .xls files are accepted by the importer.
You have the following options in this menu:
Switch your Excel Fields, Adjust to Fieldcode Ticket Fields, Edit Values, Allow Duplicates and / or advanced options.
- Switch Excel fields: Mandatory fields are necessary for system to process. By clicking the drop down in one of these fields you can chose another field that should be mapped to Fieldcode Ticket Fields.
- Adjust to Fieldcode ticket fields: The system tries to also adjust additional fields to Fieldcode Mapping and suggests appropriate fields. However, they can also be further mapped manually by clicking the drop-down.
- Edit Values: By clicking the button inside a field you can change the assigned value (subcategory, category, or boolean) of your field.
- Allow duplicates: This toggle decides if the remaining fields that contain the same data are further allowed to be kept in the import process or should be kicked out. The default setting is Duplicates allowed.
- Advanced options: When the context menu is chosen, you can see three dots beside every row which enable further functionality. In the context menu, you have the options to Add fixed values, Add Prefix, and Add Suffix to the selected Ticket field. Click Save after you are making changes here, otherwise, changes won’t be saved.
You can click on the preview to check if you are satisfied with your mapping.
After that click on Test configuration to proceed to the next step.
The importer now runs through automatically and validates your field mappings.
The validation can either fail or succeed.
In case the test failed you will be prompted with the errors and the affected tickets and can go back to configuration or Skip & Start import (not recommended!).
In case of success, you can click on Start import to start the next step.
The Import will now run through automatically while showing the number of tickets that are being processed.
The import can either run through successfully as above or with skipped tickets as below.
Regardless of how the Import ends you have two options now. Either click DONE to finish the process or press click here (as shown in the screenshot above) to save the configuration for later purposes.
If you click on click here you have to do the following to save your configuration:
- Insert a name for your configuration.
- Insert a description for your configuration.
- Click on Save.