Tip: Start typing in the input box for immediate search results.
- You need at least one created and active dispatch group in order to use the optimizer with success. If there is no active dispatch group set, the Ticket Pool in Fieldcode work place (dispatch tab) won’t display tickets and won’t display an engineers in the Timeline.
- It is crucial to have at least one engineer assigned, otherwise group creation will not work,
- It is crucial to have at least one area generally defined, otherwise group creation will not work.
- An engineer can be used for multiple dispatch groups, Fieldcode admin panel therefore also offers the possibility to assign one engineer for multiple dispatch groups.
Add your first group
- Go to the Fieldcode admin panel.
- Click on Groups.
- Click on the Plus button.
- Toggle the Active toggle to the right to mark the user as active (that means the group is shown everywhere in the system).
- Insert a name of your new group.
- (Optional) Insert a description to your group for better recognition.
- Select the timezone your group operates in.
Area definition tab
The next step is to define the operation zone of your new Dispatch group.
- Select the country where your group operates within.
- Select the state where your group operates within.
- Select the city where your group operates within.
- Click on the orange SHOW LOCATION button.
- You should see an a area pre-selected on the little map.
If there is more than one area, simply choose the one you want for your group by clicking on it.
(Optional) Filters tab
There is also another possibility to determine your area. Instead of using the three filters country, state, and city as mentioned above in the Area definition tab you could make use of custom filters. Let’s have a look on it:
- Select a condition from the dropdown.
- Select a operator from the dropdown.
- Type in the Comparison Value.
The next step in the Group configuration is to assign some users to your Dispatch group. You will see all available engineers in a list view with a kilometer sign next to their name on the left side. The kilometer indication indicates how far away from the selected area the engineer is, so you can easily decide which engineers to pick for your group.
- Click on the engineer you want to assign to your group to transfer the engineers over to Selected engineers.
- Repeat Step 1 for every other engineer you want to assign to your group.
- Click Save.
The last step in the group configuration is to assign some dispatchers for your dispatch group. You will see all available dispatchers in a list view on the left side.
- Click on the user you want to assign to your group to transfer the dispatcher over to Selected Dispatchers.
- Repeat Step 1 for every other dispatcher you want to assign to your group.
- Click Save.
You also have the possibility to quickly move all resources from one side to another. Simply click on ADD ALL on the left side or REMOVE ALL on the right side to do so.
To add another group simply repeat all steps in this topic from top down.